RE: Echoplex w/drum machine question

At 12:21 AM 6/25/2003, Terry Blankenship wrote:
>I am starting to see some light through the trees here
>thanks to you.

great, I'm glad it's starting to work for you!

>There are still a couple of things I need to work out.
>
>I am correct in assuming that you really need to be
>working with all quantized functions and with the
>switch quant turned on, to keep loops synced up with a
>drum machine no matter how you are manipulating the
>echoplex?

It depends on the application, but I think for what you are trying to do
the answer is yes. Your need seems to be keeping the startpoints of the
loops lined up at all times. For that you want to quantize everything.

Personally I find it much more interesting to intentionally dealign loops
from each other, to set up different rhythmic relationships between them
and change them on the fly. I love the new functions of the Echoplex that
let it keep track of all this while you do it, and then give you the power
to ReAlign them back together. For this type of use you wouldn't use
Quantize at all, or use Quantize = 8th to keep things lined up on sub
divisions of the cycles.

>I didn't have the switch quant on before.

that only affects loop switching when using multiple loops. I don't think
you mentioned that you were switching loops before, in which case it
wouldn't matter how you set the SwitchQuant parameter.

kim