Re: Drummers & Sych. Tempo w/loop -- WAS Re: Akai Heardush, (band looping, sit or stand, etc.)

--- David <vze2ncsr@verizon.net> wrote:

> Of course there are devices now you can get equipment with "beat
>detecting"
> features to synch the midi up with the drummer which I'm guessing is a
>more
> socially desirable was to go. :-)
>
> I'm not certain, but I think the Electrix Repeater has this feature.
>
> Has anyone on this list used "beat detection" on the Repeater and can
>let us
> know how well it works??

It works great, but it'd be a lot more useful for the situation you're
describing
if it had a seperate "beat detect" input. It only detects the beat on the
main
inputs, so you can loop what's coming in.

This is one of the places where the designer's bent toward marketing this
thing
at DJs fell down for the rest of us. It's a great feature that's rendered
less
useful because of the implementation.

Greg