Re: EDP controllers?

At 11:21 PM 6/18/2003, DialaThos@aol.com wrote:
>I'm using continuous controllers to control both the echoplex and the
>Repeater.  I've got source # at 31 on the echoplex.. which should mean
>the
>"buttons"
>are replaced by controllers 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, etc..
>
>Meanwhile I have controllers 75 and 76 set to control the live instrument
>volumes (on fxs).  For some reason though when I touch 75 (a roland
>ev-5),
>the
>echoplex stops playing.  The mute light and multiply lights turn red,
>while
>record and overdub are green, and insert and undo are yellow (next loop
>is
>dark).

the echoplex midi command list is in the manual. As Dennis pointed out,
Source# offsets of 44 and 45 (which would give cc# 75 and 76 in your case)
are the commands BeatTriggerSample and MIDIBeatSync. The first mutes the
loop and waits for a pulse at the BeatSync jack to trigger it. The second
is a virtual BeatSync pulse sent by midi.

Why not use a different midi channel for your other devices, instead of
sharing them on the same channel as the echoplex?

kim