Re: Stereo EDP issue

At 09:41 AM 6/18/2003, Chris Muir wrote:
>Then, I found my problem. Everything works pretty well _IF_ you don't use
>a Threshold value. When a recording Threshold is used each EDP starts
>recording when its Threshold is crossed individually. Even if the
>Threshold is set the same on both units, the stereo input signal can be
>different on each channel, causing different start times. The more
>uncorrelated the two channels are the worse thing are.
>
>While I miss using Threshold recording, I'm really happy that stereo
>works.

yes, that's right. It's an old problem. If you are using two units as a
stereo pair, threshold recording doesn't work right because either one of
them might cross the threshold before the other and the loop times end up
slightly different. We tried to come up with a way for this to work in
LoopIV, but didn't find a satisfactory solution. I think I explained this
limitation somewhere in the new manual.

Sorry Chris, you'll just have to learn to tap in rhythm. :-)

kim