Re: Frippertronics and Soundscapes

On Monday, June 16, 2003, at 07:22  AM, Douglas Baldwin wrote:
>  And did Miles really kiss his own mother with that mouth? And
> the way Charlie Parker treated poor Bud Powell... and Benny Goodman,
> now there was a skunk... and Buddy Rich, you ever hear the "bus
> tapes?" I hear Bach's father was a pretty fine musician, and he
> treated poor J.S. like
> toilet paper!

Here's a good one:  When I was  young I came across a Beatles Bootleg
called "The Black Album."  It was a 5 album set, I think.  Anyway it
was just unedited tapes from the Let It Be sessions.  Amazing.  Paul
McCartney singing "Get Back" with lyrics telling the Pakistanies to get
out of England and stop taking all the good jobs.  No lie.  ...and he
comes off as such a nice lad.  I'm surprised these tapes haven't hit
the public eye at all.  It was for sure the Beatles.  Also some great
takes of the Beatles doing "All things Must Pass" and other later to
become solo work.

Mark Sottilaro