Re: Frippertronics and Soundscapes

Not that I don't believe that Robert Fripp is totally nuts (love his
music btw) having watched him hide in the shadows at almost every show.
  Christ, I saw them in Buffalo NY for the first US show (Thrak) they
had done in 5 years or something and he was invisible.  Hidden in
darkness.  Now, I payed a decent amount of money to *see* King Crimson.
  I didn't see Robert Fripp until the end where Adrian Belew (possibly
one of the most easy going and patent men I've had the honor to meet)
literally PULLED Robert out of his hidey-hole and made him take a bow
with the band.  Now, IMO, that is being down right rude to your fans
for no reason.  If you don't want to be seen in a live show, don't play
one.

Should I have sued Robert for denying me the ability to view his person
when that was in fact what I paid to do?  Probably, but the courts are
flooded with stupid lawsuits.  Instead I use it as a funny story I can
tell on the LD mailing list.  A fair trade?  Maybe not, but welcome to
my United States of Whatever.

Mark Sottilaro