Re: What are you looping

At 02:49 PM 6/12/2003 -0400, dcoffin@taunton.com wrote:

>Catilyne says:
>
><loop tools: ....VST-based delay units.>
>
>Hmmm....Care to say which ones you're using?

I'm actually having pretty good luck with the Lexicon/PSP-42 plug-in
(barring some sync issues which are largely a matter of getting myself
over
the initial learning curve).  Also, there was a beta-test going on earlier
this year by a few members here on LD for a new piece of looping software
which was pretty cool, despite a few rough edges.  Haven't actually
produced anything solid with it, but that's just because it's PC
only.  While I've got scads of Intel machines lying around, my performance
computer is a Mac TiBook, so I've got to export anything done on my PC's
as
an audio file then transfer it.  A minor annoyance, for certain, but still
one that impedes the work flow.

>I'm having great results with
>a few Reaktor4 designs, both as fx and as sources.

Kewl!  I'd heard that NI had focused on the FX as one of the highlights
for
the new Reaktor, and all the reviews spend a good amount of space praising
the results.

>I'd be glad to elaborate if anyone is interested; in fact, I plan
>to review Reaktor as a real-time effector soon...

Please do!  For other reasons, I've still got the new Tassman a bit higher
on my want list than the new Reaktor, but I'm still really interested in
some of Reaktor's new capabilities -- particularly in the effects
department.

         -c-

_____
"i want to reach my hand into the dark and *feel* what reaches back"
                                                 -recoil