Re: what are you (not) looping

--- Rainer Thelonius Balthasar Straschill
<rs@moinlabs.de> wrote:
> An interesting question I'd like to start as a
> followup is "What are you not
> looping" ?

Sitar.

Actually, it does have a pickup on it (K&K Twin Spot),
and I *have* had some luck looping it at home, but I
don't take it along to gigs because for all the other
instruments I loop, I stand up. Sitar doesn't work too
well standing up! (I was considering a way to mount it
on a stand, but it'd still be a lot of extra hassle to
schlepp/tune it at gigs.)

The same pretty much applies for my hurdy-gurdy; it
also has a piezo, and although I do play it standing
up, it's too temperamental to gig with.

-t-