From: mark
Sent: Thursday, June 12, 2003 12:43 AM
Subject: midi note??? loop changes on Repeater? Very weird HELP!!!!

Very strange problem..

After re-cabling my setup for a NEW-IMPROVED system, (But addmittedly rather complex arrangement that may or may-not have a midi loop in it..explanation follows). I have a VERY WEIRD phenomena. The "loop select" changes as I play guitar (GR30 guitar synth)... So there I am making a groovy loop and suddenly I notice the display change loops to seemingly random loops. They dont actually play, just cue them up.
Now this midi routing DOES mean that the midi out from the Guitar synth is getting to the repeater, but how can it change loops just by playing the guitar??? I would understand if I was changing patches on the synth but NOT NOTES!!!

OK I know none of you midi geniui can help without further in depth info so i have made a diagram of my rig at
its not as complicated as it looks,
It is basically a Electrix heavy looping rig (repeater/filter factory/mofx)
almost seperated from...
a roland GR30 guitar synth midi'ed up to a Korg MS2000 rack synth (THRU a Boss drummachine). There is a kinda loop here (if you see the diagram) because I want the drummachine to send clock to BOTH the git-synth AND the Korg synth (for both their in-built arpegiators). however I am ALSO using the midi note from the git synth to drive the korg... I KNOW I KNOW I could have Drummachine>GR30>Korg synth ... but the korg doesnt seem to GET the clock-outa the GR30... Cant find soft midi thru on it...
HOWEVER... (sorry this is getting obtuse) IT DOES WORK...  the electrix rack synchs nicely to the drummachine and the git synth plays at same speed and so does the Korg... luverly jubbly... BUT THE F***ING LOOP NUMBERS CHANGE ON THE REPEATER!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone enjoy a challenge, spot the problem...

Please you guys, I know you're the BEST

Mark Red

m  a  r  k        r  e  d
www.mark-red.com