Terry's EDP quiz

2. The echoplex works differently depending on how you
have the preset set up. What preset or presets do each
of you use? How do you personally set these functions?

record mode=tog
overdub mode=tog
round mode=rnd, so you can end the multiply anywhere in the cycle, but
        still overdub to the end of the (rounded) cycle
insert mode=varies, usually rPL, but rEv with FC7
mute mode=sta, loop starts from beginning leaving mute
over flow=ply,

loop/delay=lop or change for special FX
quantize=off (except for special FX)
8ths/cycle=8 ( change when Quantize=8th
sync= Out , for BrotherSync 2 EDPs
threshold= off
reverse= not a param! I use this to reverse just the slave EDP
start point= not a param!

more loops=2 is easiest
auto record=off
loop copy=off
switch quant=Cnf, the most flexible option, can choose to play
                  other loop or overwrite.
looping #=default
velocity=off
sampler style=sta, loop starts from beginning when switching to it

midi ch=2,
control source=not , for FCB1010
source=default
vol control=default
feedback control=default

I know that all of these setting are personal
preferences, but that is what I am asking. How do each
of you prefer to set up these parameters in your
echoplex?

I never sync to drum machine, so all my timing is
"on the fly", which explains while some of my
personal "base" settings are not the default.

4. Also do you set up one preset with all of you
favourite settings or do you set up sereral with
different settings and switch between them.

I have one preset i use most of the time, and
set up others for specific pieces(and switch).

5. If you set up several presets, why. How do you set
each of them up?

a particular FX, or a piece of music  usually needs a combination of
preset changes, so easier to change preset than a lot
of params.

6. Can you use the regular echoplex pedal and the
PMC10 at the same time?

yes, and you need the regular pedal for some features

8. How do you prefer to set up your echoplex when
using with a drum machine? In what order and using
which sync settings?

don't use

9. Do you always set up your programs in the PMC10
starting with a program change so you can access the
preset you want in the echoplex?

interesting idea

10. Do you prefer to have more loops set up to auto
record when you inter them, or not, and why?

not usually, because I have SwitchQuant=cnf, so
there's no advantage.

these are interesting with SwitcQuant=Off

11. How many different banks do you use on your midi
controller to access echoplex functions.

at the moment one.
One switch one function is easy for live work.

...but I'm working on special banks for loop manipulation

12. What are you favourite echoplex functions and why?

going to NextLoop with a Long press of Mult, and
having the section of loop reverse straight away.

(don't know why, it just is)

13. How many loops do you set your echoplex up to be
able to do and why?

  2  so it's easy to get back to the first loop

14. Who are your favourite loopers and why?

have to think about that one, wouldn't want to
miss anyone out ;-)

non-LD loopers to be going on with
...Stephan Kellar, amazing variety of sounds from
    a flute, and clever/varied use of loops

...Dave Draper, (aka "The Invisible String Quartet"),
  don't know if he's even still looping. Great musical feel
  and odd use of technology

All the very best!
Terry

thanks Terry, looking forward to the other answers
that crop up

andy butler