Re: Let's cause a scene!

>But i'm rambling... basically, my point is that i'm not a weird musician
>because i loop - i loop because i'm a weird musician.

no, you take the risk to try a new way and others find that weird.

>As long as i keep trying to surprise myself with new sounds, i'm
>going to be stuck playing by myself, or with the very few other
>musicians who actually dig what i play.

seems that most people dont like to be surprised
they want the hamburger to taste the same every day (which is quite
dificult to achieve with anything that comes rather directly from
nature), while I try to cook every day a little different.

Repetition is security is boring
Change is risk is interesting

>I suspect many of you are in the same boat. Do you play alone because
>you like it that way, or because no one else will play with you?

I hardly ever play alone. If no one comes to listen or play, I edit
recordings, recently only duos and trios...

--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org