Re: livelooping.com

Hi Kim

> =Kim

> > =andy

> At 06:07 AM 6/1/2003, SoundFNR@aol.com wrote:
>  >LD's a fantastic site, a brilliant resource .
>  >It doesn't have a structure that would lead the curious
>  >directly to where they could discover new music,
>
>  The first link on LD is to the Profiles section, which is not perfect,
>but
>  it is the second most popular area of Looper's Delight. Thousands of
people
>  go there each month to browse through looper's profiles, most of which
have
>  links to their respective sites and audio files. I go there all the
>time
>  discover new music, it seems many others do as well.
>
>  I don't want to pay to host 100's of people's mp3 albums, no.
>
>  >Kim, if you think it would be better to put all this onto LD
>  >then maybe we should all consider it.
>
>  that's up to you, not me. Looper's Delight has always welcomed new
material
>  from people in the looping community. That's how the entire site was
created.

>  kim

Well, I went to the LD site again for a really good look, and
have some (positive) comments which I'll put in another post.

I see it like this:-

loopers-delight.com is a visit to the library

livelooping.com is wandering round an art gallery
......(..er....potentially...)

we hoped to get funding so that someone could be
paid to produce attractive looking pages where the
graphic design complemented the music.

So quite different to LD, which is very much a
"text on white background fast download" kind of a site
(my personal favourite kind of site to visit , as it happens).

Our ideal would be a complementary site with close links to LD.

andy butler