RE: Styles and looping

This made me think about what the actual point in "Live-looping" is. As
far as I see things, live-looping is something that happens live. You go
to a live-looping show to se humans create music. You may not dig it
because it sounds a certain way, you dig in because you see the guys
building up the musical pieces step for step, loop for loop, and that
makes you feel very unique, as you know by watching this happen that it
will NEVER happen again in exactly the same way.

Shit, you guys all think about live-looping "the old way" like some A&R
checking out new talents for eventual further refining in the music
business machinery. That's not the point as I see it. To me live-looping
(as a social and commercial phenomenon) has more in common with shows
like "a circus" or "a wrestling cup" than with "MTV and top 40". It's
damn unique and it will never happen again if you don't go and check it
out. Today this entertainment quality has become quite rare and I think
modern people actually want it badly. You should have seen those CNN
guys filming us here in Sweden! Matthias started out a beautiful guitar
piece putting down layers of polyphonic distortion lines that sounded
just like a classical string orchestra. Jaws dropped and people were
just staring at the guy. A room full of TV professionals, dance music
producers and label folks, all deeply moved by this thing called
"live-looping" happening right before their eyes. The didn't listen to
some "latest release to be filed under some specified sub genre". They
were all having a unique experience right there!

Best wishes

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.looproom.com <-- 1st Swedish Looping Festival, May 16 to June 4