Re: Who here considers themselves a "Live Looper"?

>I'm reminded of my struggles to get "accepted" as a downhill skiier while
>still in high school.  High School Teachers in roles like that of the ski
>team tend to get allowed to turn their process into a clique, since it's
>not
>mainstream sports amongst other reasons; this was no different in
>Ridgewood
>High in the 70s, where the team was "run" by a "popular" Spanish teacher.
>Despite having a great deal of control (as well as supreme joy!) in my own
>technique, never having a crash, to say nothing of being clocked at over
>70
>MPH a number of times, I was excluded from the ski team because it was
>thought by this "expert" that I "had no skiing style".  Go figure!

well, you missed the moment to promote your style with a name and
claming that it was faster than the existing ones! :-)

>After a life like that, performing music that happens to utilize a series
>of
>looping processes as a partial canvas - and therefore of course
>uncatagorizable by the Hoi Polloi - seems in retrospect like nothing more
>than a natural outgrowth for me.  I don't care what
>listeners/critics/record
>companies call it so long as someone hears it, yes?

I agree, but: In the distributors seminar at the Stockholm
electronica it was said they dont work a product if there is not
genre for it. How would they?
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org