Re: Serious discussion about pot & looping/music

We should all, perhaps, limit ourselves to our own experience when speaking of this! At least after that thread.

The guys in my band prefer to play altered. I don't. For me, echoing Richard here, marijuana gets me more "in" to myself, inflates my sense of importance, causes me to overvalue my contribution. The POINT of my music to me is to get me OUT of my own head, identity, ego, and into the sound thing. I find that the drugs make it impossible to do that, while (at the same time) make me think that I'm doing great. But, you know, it seems to work for the other guys.

---
www.endtimequartet.com