Re: why pot before looping?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Douglas Baldwin" <coyotelk@optonline.net>
To: "Steve Goodman" <spgoodman@earthlight.net>;
<Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 22, 2003 14:26:PM
Subject: Re: why pot before looping?

> Some rich deja vu for me on this thread. When I first joined Looper's
> Delight - and first got on the Internet - a few years back - I started a
> similar flame by stating something to the effect of "drugs and creativity
> are incompatible. " Hooo whee!

Alas, perhaps the archive remembers such snuff, er, stuff.

> Anybody remember that conflagration? This IS a poor thread, though, in
this
> context and culture. Why don't we discuss the musicality of Cristina
> Agulera's belly button or the compositional superiority of wearing a PRS
> guitar near your crotch?

Because neither have a relationship to music composition or performance.
Unless of course you think of Christina Aquilera as a musician instead of
just a voice-corrected-to-be-in-tune celebrity with an addiction to bleach.
The aspects of marijuana use (as opposed to the easy but incorrect and
reactionarily-broad term "drugs") can be seen as relevant to various kinds
of musicianship way back before vinyl was being pressed.

Steve Goodman
EarthLight Productions
*
http://www.earthlight.net/Other - Quasi-daily Cartoon