Re: multiple jam-things

I can't imagine using the word "sync" and "Line6 Echo Pro" in the same
sentence... unless you're talking about it's delays, and even then I'd
say it's not really syncing.  However, this can be very cool too.  A
few weeks ago Will Wright and I jammed, he on the Echo Pro and I using
a Repeater and we more or less just set the Echo Pro's loop size my
ear.  Since what will was doing was leaning toward the abstract it was
interesting to have the sync of his loop constantly drifting from my
loops which firmly follow the drummachine.  That constantly changing
relationship is nice.

There are days I still miss my JamMan's "simple" operation (I had an
early Bob Sallon chip mod that gave me some new functions, but I don't
think I got things like the panning and multiple concurrent loops)  It
makes me want one again!  What I love best about the JamMan that *no*
other looper does?  One step loop creation when synced to a MIDI clock.
  I choose the amount of beats it looks for and the start point and then
I can just PLAY.  Yeah, I know you can do something a little similar
with the EDP, but I've tried that and it's *not* the same.  My request
for Loop5 would be to have a mode where you can set up your quantize
and after hitting record automatically go into overdub after a
specified number of beats.

For a short time I did run an EDP and a Repeater at the same time, and
I found it to be too much.  Each unit does PLENTY in my opinion.  I
rarely ended up using them both together, but I would imagine like
anything it would need lot's of practice.  It always felt like I was
that guy who spins plates on the Ed Sullivan show when I was using
multiple loopers.  Too hard to focus on the music, especially in a live
context where things are more chaotic.

Mark Sottilaro