Re: shipping from u.s.a. to italy...suggestions?

Dear Jim,

Please also be sure to include a commercial invoice (and about 3 copies)
showing a value for the item so that it clears customs.  Whichever shipper
you use should be able to give you instructions but basically it should be
on some kind of stationery with your address etc. and showing the
receiver's address with a detail of the item and a value.  I suggest
undervaluing so that it will reduce the amount of duties the receiver will
have to pay (you could probably get away with giving it a value of about
$100).

Also, if you have any friends that work for companies that do a large
amount of shipping, they may be able to send it through their company's
account number and you pay him.  For example, the place I work for gets a
65% discount from Fed-Ex so if I shipped it, it probably would cost more
than about $75.

Good luck,
Adam Kane