Re: EVEN MORE - Naked Blues...

  Hey Jimmy, thanks bunches for the compliments.  <smile>  Feel free to say
more if you'd like!   lollollol!
  As for my clean tone with a looper, Dre's been doing this sort of thing
for quite some time now, so ya might wanna check out some of his samples,
which you may really dig!  As for the bug sounds at the end, that's
actually a combination of a couple things, a sus unrounded multiply, which
is being used to make the loop smaller and smaller and smaller, which I was
turned on to, listening to techno, and then heard Dre doing with the plex
on the last tour, and then I'm taking the very tiny loop, and using another
function, called sus unrounded insert to add sections or cycles to the loop
to get it to become rhythmic again, or at least more conventionally so.
<smile>   I'm betting Dre has done this sort of thing too, to come out of a
sus unrounded multiply, since he IS the EDP god afterall!   lol!   -but I'm
sure he can direct you better to an audio example of this if he has one
posted.
  Another thing I personally like to do, is to alternate between sus
unrounded multiply, and sus unrounded insert in rapid succession.   I'll
make a loop smaller and smaller, and then begin inserting silence and then
multiply it again, and go back and forth like that for a while, which can
arrive at some pretty strange sounds.
  Re:  clean tones again.  -I personally have used quite alot of effects
for quite a while.  -though have steadily been settling on a simpler tone
as well, (a good clean tone, and nice smooth lead tone)  for the past few
years or so, and let the loops and music in general say what they will.  I
prefer to really be able to hear the sound of the instrument, and actually
be able to tell what I, or someone else is playing.   I've also been
getting into listening to live performances moreso as well, since to me,
I'd rather hear what's actually going on in the moment rather than a whole
bunch of spliced or overdubed solos and such.  -just my thoughts of
course.
  I definitely appreciate a good pallet of sound and texture though.  I'm
certainly not opposed to that, and ideally would like to incorporate that
into what I'm doing now, in a way that still fits with where I'm at with
the music.  One very simple reason I'm not using more reverb on some of my
tones on that recording, is that the darned Pandora can't pull it off and
sound good!   lol!   so I'd rather stay with a   nice tone.
  anyway, as for Dre and I being two freaky people, yup!, damn straight!
lollollol!

Smiles,

Cara

At 02:27 PM 3/30/03 -0700, you wrote:
>let me please be a bit more specific if i will...
>
>cara's guitar playing to me is one of the more innovating approaches i
>have
>ever seen. when i see/hear an artist plug strait in with little or no fx
>then use the edp to loop the way she does to create such interesting and
>unusual sounds then apply it in a rhythm you just didn't see coming...
>kind
>of like the essence of jeff beck minus the dangerous rhythms, pure and in
>control of the chaos, i just gotta say so...
>
>awesome. check out the little burping paddling bug sounds at the very end
>of
>the posted mp3. i love it! i also heard andre doing similar types of
>sounds
>from his newly posted edp performance. is this an edp style or are these
>two
>folks really that freaky!?
>
>sweeeeeeeeeet...
>

>jg