RE: Getting notes to 'hold'

> I use drones that sometimes continue throughout a piece, the MS2000 also
> has a "Mod Sequencer" - an analogue-style step sequencer which I
>sometimes
> want to leave running throughout a piece. I want to be able to send the
> synth a MIDI message of some kind to do the equivalent of holding a note
> down for how ever many minutes the piece lasts for.

CC 64 is the standard sustain controller.  127 is usually on, 0 is usually
off.  Does the MS2000 respond to that?  Or, if you've got a keyboard, you
could go really low tech and tape the key down.

-daveh
Dave Hastings
dhastings@earthlink.net
"Alchemists?  Loonies, the lot of them," said Truckle
"But they're keen on geography," said Mr. Saveloy.  "I suppose they
need to know where they've landed."
Terry Pratchett