Re "musically embarrassing moments"

Mark/all,

I have been having "fun" lately combing through old cassette
material and transferring it over to the digital domain -- for
posterity (for my kids) and just for the heck of it. Gosh, what
a revelation. Much of it is way below par recording quality-wise
and almost as much of it is unbelievably bad musically too.

When I think that so many of these things were actually recorded
"live" from performances in art galleries, museums and other
"serious" art environments I cringe. When I say that as a young
musician I was "Baaaad, reeeeally Baaaad!" I mean it very much
in the old-fashioned sense. I was embarrassingly horrible. I can
hardly believe my friends (let alone anyone else) let me get
away with it.

Of course, there is a distinct possibility that I'm still "Reeeeally
Baaaad!" and just don't realize it (yet). Heheheh. Maybe I should
be glad that I don't have any recordings of Loopstock or Y2K2
to haunt me. I would be too embarrassed to show my face
around here -- despite the fact that this is a mostly kind and
very tolerant group.

tEd ® kiLLiAn

ArsOcarina@aol.com
http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian