Re: 4-track tape looper

--- Scott Hansen <scott-a-hansen@uiowa.edu> wrote:
> i believe daryl mentioned to me about using a punch
> in pedal
> that is used in  recording to help punch in and out
> for recording. my guess is that will free up your
> hands, etc.
> i don't have one, so my experience was a lot of hand
> manipulation
> along w/ playing....

Some of the earliest 4 tracks used strange mechanisms
for punch in/out, like rubber squeeze bulbs with
tubing that caused a pin to press a button. After a
short while, many manufacturers got the idea and
switched over to jacks for momentary contacts. Take a
look at yours; you might be able to adapt something
you've already got or wire up something really
inexpensively.

-t-