Loopers who stare at their Equipment

Alrightie then, a change of subject:
I sure would like to be able to perform a loop show without staring at my
equipment--is there anyone on this list who actually looks at the audience
when they loop?
I want stuff to be predictable enough to not have to attend to it--but I
also have an idea of what I would like to accomplish with the
technolgoy--seems like I have to pay attention to the status of the devices
to know where I am tho--Too much gear?  Not enough familiarity with it?
Too
ambitious?
I mean, it's great in the bedroom, but onstage things get hazy--
So what say you, performing loopers?  Also interested in those of you who
are visually impaired (hi Cara!  Where's my video?)
Gary
(First gig post surgery tomorrow!  OK!!!)