Re: Raison d'etre

I think a lot of my feelings for it are due to a battle against DJ
culture.  It seems that things are really set up for this in most of
the venues I play, and that can make a big effort seem even bigger.
When you find the stage has been replaced with a two turntables and a
mixer, you can't help but read the writing on that wall.

I never used to feel like this before, but I was doing a different type
of music.  I think if I was doing a different schtick, I'd be at
different venues.  I didn't feel bad when I do shows at a local place
called 21 Grand.  Why?  Because it's totally geared for new and
different music.  I guess I'm just saying, "why am I battling this
genera's (some call IDM) culture and infrastructure?"  Maybe I'm just
going for the wrong venues.

Jon El Bizri would be the closest person on the list to myself in terms
of what we're trying to do that I know.  Jon?  I'd love to hear his
words on this topic.

Mark