Re: laptop live

>from Clark
>What plugin handles the live looping part in your rig ?

I use Sc 4,12, & 60 second delays - the delay times are set up to repeat
say
every 2 bars or 4 bars of the tempo set in audiomulch. I use a midi switch
to trap sound into the delay and a midi pedal to set the feedback %.
In this way I can trap sounds infinitely, fade them out or use sharp pedal
changes to "cut bits out" of the loop.
There is often a filter set up somewhere which I can assign to another
pedal
or automate. I use loop players to fire samples and drum loops which I
control using the knobs on the Oxygen 8, (by then I've usually got a loop
going).

>from jesse ray
> What I want to know is how low is your latency with AudioMulch, and what
> hardware are you using?  I downloaded and installed AudioMulch yesterday
and
> I can't get less than 11ms latency.  I need sub-5ms latency to use
> AudioMulch live with the kind of rhythmicly intense stuff I'm doing.

Latency is set by the ASIO drivers on your sound card. My latency is about
12ms - I think - apparently it's possible to go down to 3ms but I've never
bothered - since sound travels at about a foot per millisecond the
difference you're talking about is the difference between playing right
next
to your monitors and playing about 6 feet away. Maybe the difference is in
your head or maybe I'm just a sloppy player - I don't feel it. Anyway with
3ms you wont either.

>From Kim
 Next time one of you
>live laptoppers is playing with your very expensive, very portable, easily
>concealable laptop in a dimly lit, noisy, crowded bar/nightclub
>(preferably
>with exits near the stage), please let me know.

Next gig on May 3rd - (hopefully crowded) bar - dimly lit is good for me -
the problem with video monitors is out of door gigs in the daylight.

Gareth