From: jimfowler [mailto:jimfowler@prodigy.net]
Sent: Friday, March 14, 2003 3:39 AM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: laptop live

i've been toying with the idea of getting a mac laptop for live
use...mainly for beats and what-not...of course, the newest G4 books are
way out of my price range.  what is the minimum amount of power
(ballpark figure) i would need for this?

what will end up happening is that i will eventually use the thing for
recording and sound production.  i've seen the 667mhz G4's on ebay for
around a grand.

sorry for the wide-open question, but i've been a pc user for years and
have never bothered with any sound production on my dell.  any generic
or specific suggestions are sincerely appreciated.

-jim