Re: Loopers-Delight-d Digest V03 #192

Hi,

I use the same basic rig for real-time looping as I do for other playing:
modified Les Paul (often with an EBow now) or keyboard through a Digitech
GNX1 into a small 20w combo. I've recorded several hours of looped music
(in
the Frippertronics vein) using the 2000ms digital delay on the Digitech,
but
I'm feeling somewhat limited by the delay time. Ideally, I'd like at least
10 seconds, but it's unlikely I'll be able to find a suitable delay unit
for
some time. I use Fruityloops for sequencing work and have found it quite
useful for soundscapes.

Gear purchase suggestions aside, what would you do if limited to using 2
seconds of delay (analog, digital, and ping-pong)? So far I build loops
and
play over them, and that's about it. Often the loop is purely textural. I
have been thinking of using the LFOs in Digitech units to extend delay
time,
or to expand the possibilities available to me. I can use a friend's RP300
along with my GNX1 to create two 2000ms which fade in and out
alternately...I think. More on that later.

Anyway, all suggestions are welcome, especially any offering tips on
performance with such a short delay.

Thanks.

Suhail
suhailmerchant@hotmail.com