Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2003 8:34 PM
Subject: [Paris Loopfest] Update... Problems... Postponed?

Hi all,

My life has been a mess over the past few weeks. To cut it short, I've
suffered 2 hard disk crashes in as many weeks (Don't ever purchase
MEMUP firewire HD's).  I had backed up all of my data from the
computers HD onto the first Memup disc so that I could format and
re-install everything. The next day, the first HD crash happened.

I still have all the emails that were sent to me (luckily they were
still on the server). My last CD backup was in October. Yes I'm a total
moron.

Apart from losing the data consisting of half a years music recordings,
artwork for the loopfest, digital photo's of the project and god knows
what else, I've also lost a lot of the applications that I was using.
Trying to install my machine back to a workable state is taking its
time.

Apart from regular work and sorting out this problem, I am also busy
trying to prepare for my first live stage performance in 2 years at
Musicora (29th March). I now have to record a CD from scratch, design
the artwork and produce it before then. Thats my current problem.

The dates of the loopfest had been planned for the end of June. I can't
even begin to work on this until the middle of April (I am in the UK
for 2 weeks straight after Musicora). I have no promotional material
ready, I have no time to visit venues in person, and it is impossible
to organise something like this in such a short time-frame. This is
Paris... it is a city of beaurocracy, things have to be planned well in
advance (and normally are)...

Imagine an evening where you would be meeting a very large proportion
of the people onlist in person, see their equipment, hear them play,
jam with them, talk with them.... A weekend recorded on both video and
audio (TV/Radio)... sponsorship, salary etc., Thats what I want. That
is what I really think can happen.

If anyone has any time, ideas or wishes to help out in any way... well
I need help. I can carry on with it as from the 15th April (when I get
back from the UK)... but until then.... :(

I need to find a venue for Rick Walker (+anyone else) for the weekend
of the 28th June as he will be in Paris on his tour... If anyone can
help, then please email me. I'll find something for that night Rick...!

Autumn/Winter loopfest anyone? With random loofestlets before then?

Back to reinstalling....

.... Don't buy Memup firewire drives, buy Lacie.....

- Stuart

P.S. I have'nt had time to read the list lately.... I miss you guys.