Re: Tubes! They do a ____ good!

On Wednesday, March 12, 2003, at 07:51  PM, dgoat wrote:
> You might think about using a VERY low power (8 - 15 watts) class A
> combo that has the overdrive sound you are looking for. Then, build an
> iso-box for it with a mic, run the mic into a mixer, and the mixer out
> through the rest of you pedals, and finally into a mackie powered PA
> speaker.
> A lot of work, but if you want NO compromises on your overdrive tone,
> then this is the best I can think of. Oh, and don't forget to use
> George L's

thank god i love synthesisers. as i am an Hammond organist i often
wonder how ridiculous my rig would be if i insisted on using _just_ the
Hammond as the source for all my loop-music. i'm sure that it would
involve a leslie and an iso-box and all sorts of other space-involving
considerations.

but now that i think about it, i did have plenty of fun with an L-100
and a Pod last year.

keep us posted on your overdrive solution. i'd love to hear about where
it goes.

---
Eric Williamson
www.suitandtieguy.com