Real time Computer Looping.....was: Ableton LIVE's ability to loop in real time

Link wrote:

"This is Link (devine machine conceptor) ,
 I could easily add a realtime record into devine machine ,
but there is one  problem :
 - how many loopers would go on stage with a computer better than a little
rack ?"

I sure as hell would be one, Link!   The ability to take all the processing
power of
a PC onto stage AND be able to loop in real time would be incredible.
With software like PEAK's V-box which allows the realtime series and
parallel use of
VST plugins plus real time looping would be so incredible.
It is where the processing world is going, if you ask me, because it is so
much cheaper to buy effects that are software rather than hardware based (I
know, I know, all processors
are software based except for the tape and analogue ones but you know what
mean).

Even thinking about running the sends up my EDP and Repeater into a laptop
and then
looping them and processing them in realtime gives me a Looping Chubby!!!
;-)

 Link:

"Well anyway I could add some midi keys to start recording/overdub.. on
start of bar (with some options eventually) , then loop back while the
devine machine Liveloop! feature could support all other looping live
triggerring...."

that sounds awesome!

Link:

"So I need everybody to tell me precisely what would be needed on that to
bring happyness to the community ;)  (I mean conception details)"

just the ability to loop one (or preferrably more simultaneous) loops and
then manipulate them in front of an audience would be incredible.

Am I the only one here who thinks this is a fantastic idea?

yours, Rick