Re: second amp suggestions

When I use my full setup, I split my pedalboard
between a straight guitar amp (a 1959 Gibson Ranger,
or a small Fender, or a Marshall depending on the need
for power; the Marshall is mostly retired!) and a
SansAmp (you could use a Pod or a J-Station, etc.)
which then goes into a mixing board, various
processing, a power amp and monitors. The loopers are
in the board's aux sends. That way guitar stuff can
still sound like it's going through a guitar amp,
while non-guitar signal (keyboard, mic, samples,
whatever) go straight to the board, and anything can
get to the loopers, even each other. (There are a
couple of photos of this setup inside
<http://groups.yahoo.com/group/pedalboards/> ; you
have to join to get in, but you can always select 'no
email'...)

My smaller, pedal-only setup dispenses with the rack
and uses two small guitar amps, each after its own
looper, and sometimes an acoustic amp for full-range
stuff. (I don't feel that the amps have to 'match' all
that closely.) This setup is continually varying...

-t-