Re: tascam 4 track as looper?

At 11:50 AM -0600 3/10/03, Scott Hansen wrote:
>a while back i thought there was some posts about
>using a 4 track recorder (i have a tascam) as a looper.
>is this possible?

It's not clear if you're talking about an analog or digital recorder.

I have a Tascam Porta One recorder that I've sometimes used in
performances, mostly for playback. However, since it is designed for
multitrack recording and overdubbing it is possible to record live.
If you use a loop cassette you could do some looping, but the loop
length would be constrained by the length of the cassette loop.
Endless loop cassettes are available in 1, 3, 6, and 12 minute
lengths.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com