RE: Tubes! They do a guitar good!

Stanner's words ring true for this digitally modelled guy!  BTW, the
Lexicon
G2 is too old for models--it's old technology--but it prolly sounds good.
haven't really done anything with it except try to get it to send stinking
MIDI clock reliably.  One of its main features is being able to put effects
into a guitar amp regardless of whether the amp has an effects loop or not.
I should investigate . . . instead of cluttering Kim's information site
with
daily prattle.  I've got a bunch of tube amps--in the storage unit!!  For
years I sought an effective (no pun intended--after all, we are talking
about dry signal, really) way to go direct with electric guitar, and now
there's loads of options--but Surf Daddy is right, nothing seems to feel
(that is, respond in a physical manner) like a tube amp.  Maybe volume has
something to do with it . . .
Gary