Re: slightly ot: the quest for a groovebox

Quoting Mark Hamburg <mark_hamburg@baymoon.com>:
> Wow. I hadn't seen that the Command Stations had fallen that low. Emu is

Suit and Tie guy sez:
considering i was able to crash one in 2 minutes _flat_ at the Guitar
Center a
year or so ago, i'm not suprised. i would never trust it on a gig. no
matter
how much money they paid RZA to endorse it :)

     Yes, there have been bugs in the Emu Command Station software.  Point
to a box that doesn't
have bugs?  However, Emu has been very responsive to address the sins of
their youth, and the next
OS update due out soon not only fixes many bugs, it also incorporates many
requests that users
have made from the Command Station mailing list.  Several of the Emu tech
staff hang out on that
list, responding to various issues that come up.  I'm very pleased with my
XL-7, and even more
pleased with the support that Emu offers.  I bought it more for its sound
engine (like an enhanced
Proteus 2000) than its sequencer.  16 knobs of realtime control, I can
control my Repeater with it
if I like.

            Stephen