Re: vca controlled by midi

At 11:44 PM +0100 3/5/03, <apaulo@web.de> wrote:
>for my live setup i would like to have the volumes and mutes of my
>mackie mixer controlled by midi.

A few years ago the Mackie 1604 had an automation option called
OTTOmix. This consisted of an internal VCA board. Both fades and
mutes were controllable.

Around the same time CM automation had a VCA box with 16 channels
(MX-816?) that could be patched to the inserts on a mixer. This had
internal memory registers that could be recalled by program changes.

Niche had an 8-channel box called the ACM (Automation Control Module)
with a resistive ladder circuit rather than VCAs. These were recently
blown out by audioMIDI.com; I don't know if they have any left.

Richard Zvonar, PhD
(818) 788-2202
http://www.zvonar.com
http://RZCybernetics.com