RE: OT(minutemen)

Well if you want to get real technical Punk wasn't
about the music as much as it was about the DIY
attitude.

There is a great book that talks about the indie
movement and focuses a lot on the SST bands. One
chapter is dedictated to Minutemen and the book even
bares a title taken from a Minutemen lyric. Get it if
you can: "Our Band Could Be Your Life"

I went to San Pedro High School (minutemen territory)
and they were a big part of my life. I got to see one
of Firehoses' last shows and Mike Watt is one of the
sweetest persons you can ever meet.

Nels Cline is extremely down to earth as well and was
my inspiration for getting back into playing music.

It's very cool to see that people on this list are
Minutemen fans - I would have never guessed it :)