Re: EDP 'Err" Help PLEASE.

At 06:58 PM 3/2/2003, John Metzler wrote:

>I have an Echoplex and last night I tried to hook up the MIDI to my mac
>and use pro tool to triger the edp.  My edp freaked out and got stuck
>with
>all digit lights on.  I turned it off and on again and it now says
>"Err".  No mater what I do that's all it will do.  Please, someone,
>advise
>me as to whats going on and how to fix it.

it means one or more of the following:
a. you are using LoopIII because LoopIV doesn't give that error anymore.
b. you have a mono cable plugged into the BrotherSync jack
c. you have a cable plugged into either the BrotherSync or Overdub jacks
that is shorting for some reason.
d. One of those jacks is broken and shorting internally.
e. you have a lot of things connected on BrotherSync and are using one of
the very early Echoplex units that don't protect well enough against that.

Start by disconnecting cables.

kim