Re: OT acoustic pickups (for LOOPING!), was: ConsideringBoomerang or EDP

I had trouble with percussive tapping with a b-band. I think its 9 volt
power supply is under powered and  lacks some dynamic range. The new Duncan
Timbreline I have is an 18 volt system that has greater dynamic range, so
when you wack the guitar it does'nt break up as easily. Its great for
tapping on the bridge, but does'nt really translate upper bout and
soundboard taps as well as a multi-source system. I just tried a Duncan mag
mic, and saw Lawrence Juber perform at Namm using one. It combines a mic
and a sound hole magnetic pickup in one unit. the magnetic pickup reminded
me of the Sunrise which I have in an Hawaiin lap guitar. the mic sounded
suprisingly good, and I tend to not like the sound of internal mics, as
they are are feedback and sound like they are inside rather than outside
the guitar.  Though pricey, the Duncan mag mic pickup blew me away.
Something like that coupled with a good undersaddle piezo would be my dream
system. Also, you will get more response to percussive taps with piezos
mounted to the under side of the sound board than to saddle mounted
systems. They get a woodier sound. Any good internal preamped pickup system
can use piezo sensors rather than an under the saddle element.
Hope that helps
Bill