Re: Spring loaded pedals

>A continuous controller pedal that has a spring-loaded
>return-to-center action, similar to the pitch wheel on a keyboard
>controller.

For years Yamaha made a pedal almost like this - may still do. It was
their standard rubber covered contuinuous controller pedal that began
shipping with all their later-DX7-era stuff.

Besides having an adjustment for overal tilt (so that heel-down would be
at a comfortable angle whether sitting or standing) there was adjustable
toe-down spring loading that could be set to any point you wanted.

Pedal travel was normal up to that point; at that spot there was a "feel
stop" so it was easy to kick the pedals to the preset point, but easy to
push on through it too when you wanted more. Releasing the pedal would
snap it back to the set point. I still have several and love the spring
loaded feature.

Not exactly what you wanted, but half of it anyway...

Dunno if Yamaha still makes them or something like them, but the old ones
were really well made and well thought-out, even had a cable storage bay
molded into the underside of the treadle. Coil up the cable, put it in
there, and then the plug snapped across the coil into a couple of rubber
prongs and it all stayed safe inside and came out untangled.