Considering Boomerang or EDP

I'm about to enter the world of looper and was prepared to purchase a
Boomerang.  It would be used mostly for live performances.  Laying down a
loop or loops then playing over it.  Once the song was over, there would be
no need to save the loop.

Then I lurk on this list and see all the wonderful things people are doing
with the EDP.  I know it can do a lot more than the Boomerang but do I need
any of those additional features for my application?  Any opinions?

Thanks,
LeonD