Re: gig spam

Matthew Wiley said:

>The only thing that anoys me is all the gig
> spam, there is another place for that

where are you talking about?

It seems like 80% of the list traffic is "me too" posts (which I absolutely
don't mind, makes it feel there's a bunch of people out there)
The gig spam can't be more than a single digit percentage, if not
fractional.

Gig spam is kind of a 'proof of concept' informational resource.  I like
knowing people have actually found workable performing strategies and
concepts.  I like the postings of mp3 links and cd releases for the same
reason.

But as I said recently, I think a LD gig spam deserves its own list, for
better visibility. That would solve Matthew's issues as well. I already
voted my $5 for a LD gig spam list :)

btw - I frankly don't understand this 'clogged email' talk all the time.
Are
you folks using AOL or something??  Use simple mail management to filter
and
separate mail. Because of 3-4 high traffic lists like LD, I get 20,000
emails a year, no prob. And programs like SpamAssasin help me see very
little of the reams of spam that float in with the good stuff.

If you can figure out an EDP or a Repeater, email isn't so bad!

Bob