Re: GUNS, LOTS OF GUNS.

Mark,

In a message dated 2/17/03 12:19:38 PM, sine@zerocrossing.net writes:

>So this has been my problem. I always think of the scene in The Matrix
>where they're in the "loading construct" and Neo says, "Guns.  Lot's of
>GUNS."  I want LOTS OF GUNS when I play.  I have a certain sound I want
>to create, and it's hard for me to not want to schlep my entire studio
>out with me each time I play.  So much so that I'm kind of thinking I
>may totally stop playing live for a while. This is something I keep
>wrestling with.

I am sooooo THERE! I can really understand 'cause I'm in the same
situation essentially. Add to that the fact that I'm nearly 50, have
developed a hernia (and this stuff is heavy), plus the fact that I'm
in a cultural backwater and if it ain't "Classic Rock" or Country
almost no one gives a flip in Southern Oregon. No wonder most
of my gigs (when I do them) are somewhere else.

End of old fart, whining, and complaining rant.

Actually doing the minimal acoustic rig gig I did a week ago was quite
fulfilling. I may do more if the way of things continues. Acoustic
takes a different sort of "chops" to be sure. But It was not lacking
in rewards. I hate to "mellow out" just as I've gotten the "angry hands"
guitar thing going (heheheh) but I may have to for survival's sake. And,
for a Medford audience, even though they didn't how to categorize
what I was doing, they seemed to like it and ask about it afterwards.

Oh well . . .

tEd ® kiLLiAn

ArsOcarina@aol.com
http://www.mp3s.com/tedkillian