From: Andy Ewen [mailto:andy.ewen@btinternet.com]
Sent: Monday, February 17, 2003 1:52 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: RE: black face EDP pricing (foot controller)

Well, you definitely spoke to the right guy. Gil Pini is a top bloke and
has been involved in Echoplex sales for years. There is still confusion
as some of the shops have ordered EDPs without Footcontrollers and
Gibson are indeed going to unpack them and take the F/Ss out. I spoke to
Clive @ Gibson UK today and he has asked that I supply them with empty
boxes for re-packing the F/Ss, so my flippant comment below turns out to
be close to the truth!

Official MSRP for the Echoplex+ is $1300 and the Footcontroller is $165.
However these are 'A' list products and should be heavily discounted in
stores. We don't have the same 'A B C' product listings here tin the UK;
when the manufacturer sets a suggested retail price, that's usually what
you end up paying. In the US I understand, it's up to the individual
dealer to sell for what they like, so I still can't say what you'd
expect to pay for both, or indeed one or t'other. When they hit the
stores soon, I guess it will all become clear. It's the stores
themselves who want to sell the Footcontroller as separate item and
that's screwing everything up. Ideally, you should get both units (as
they are shipped in the same box), unless you specifically don't require
a F/S and then order just the EDP+ as a special purchase....but that'd