Re: Signal routing without a mixer

Mark--

I am no EE, but I can tell you y-cord splitting will be fine as long as
the signals are going to amplifying circuits (e.g., effects unit).
Mixing is another matter.  I have run stereo signals through 10uf caps
to 10k resistors, and joined them into mono with good results.  Try it
and see if your stereo separation suffers too much.  I'd use tantalum
caps and metal film resistors.  But straight y-cords, forget it...

David Lee Myers
www.pulsewidth.com