Looping as a profession

Hi all,

Been catching up on the list archives and read this particular thread with
great interest.

I'm planning to go back to school to pursue a Music Education program.  I
guess being a music teacher (hopefully at the elementary or preschool
level)
isn't quite the same as being a professional performing musician (well,
maybe I be able to get school kids involved in some kind of looping
activity, who knows), but I think the process of getting there will give
me
enough opportunities to loop in public.

Cheers,
Paolo