Re: Alternative MIDI controllers

Ian;

I think you bring up some very valid point.  With guitar synths, that has
always been a problem...

some of the "tracking problems" that people encounter comes from the fact
that the patch is not reacting in a guitar-like fashion.
The first time a player encounters a synth, they often play their favorite
licks just as if they were playing their 'native' instrument...they forget
to listen.

sadly, I don't find guitar particularly well suited to synthesizer
work..the
interface always feels adaptive to me.  I suppose because many guitar
techniques are not well-defined events or values.

I've decided to go the avenue of treatments, so that modifications to
envelopes, waveform modification, etc are overlayed on top of the original
signal.

that's not to say that guitar synth is in any way a failure.  Just a
personal choice thing for me.