SV: TIP: Multitrack recording multiple output loopers as "first take"

> Från: Matthias Grob [mailto:matthias@grob.org]

> Fundamental trick, Per!
>
> >The trick was to split the Instrument signal and record only the dry
> >instrument signal on one track at the same as I also
> recorded the midi
> >data produced by my FCB1010 foot controller. Then I could rewire and
> >send the recorded audio track into the loopers while feeding
> them with
> >the recorded midi track and have my performance "re-performed".
>
> the next step is to rebuild the loops in the DAW instead of
> the loopers. this gives you better quality (since you dont
> run twice through
> analog again)

Hey - you're talking about "LOOP4 as a software plug-in". That's cool,
but then I would also need the "Repeater software plug-in" and none of
them are avilable ;-)

> and more precision in remixing the loops as you can
> take them to separate tracks, pan, effect and so on.

Well, that's what I did and the benefit of the tip I posted ;-)

> though. But not so much, if the DAW has its timing fit with the loop
> length so you can edit the loops quantized to the grid.

Yes, that's cool, if you want to edit the performance after it was
recorded.

> I posted a cook book for the Performer.
> Now I want to find out how its done in Nuendo, since I love it much
> more for editing.

Pretty much the same I would say. Fact is I did this recording in SX
(which is very similar to Nuendo) and then imported the six audio files
into Logic on separate tracks for mixing.

All the best

per