Re: TIP: Multitrack recording multiple output loopers as "firsttake"

Fundamental trick, Per!

>The trick was to split the Instrument signal and record only the dry
>instrument signal on one track at the same as I also recorded the midi
>data produced by my FCB1010 foot controller. Then I could rewire and
>send the recorded audio track into the loopers while feeding them with
>the recorded midi track and have my performance "re-performed".

the next step is to rebuild the loops in the DAW instead of the loopers.
this gives you better quality (since you dont run twice through
analog again) and more precision in remixing the loops as you can
take them to separate tracks, pan, effect and so on. Its more work
though. But not so much, if the DAW has its timing fit with the loop
length so you can edit the loops quantized to the grid.
I posted a cook book for the Performer.
Now I want to find out how its done in Nuendo, since I love it much
more for editing.
--

          ---> http://Matthias.Grob.org