Re: [OT] Paris Loopfest 28th-29th June

Hi all,

I've had a lot of replies offlist since my last posting, and due to
lack of time, I'm having difficulty in replying personally to your
emails... so please excuse my hijacking of the list  to keep everyone
updated in one post.

The date for the loopfest will be the weekend of 28th and 29th of June.
I'm hunting for a location to possibly hold a full weekend of looped
music - this is just due to the overwhelming response I have had from
loopers wanting to play.

I'm going to try some large venues, organisations and also the city
hall to try and get the space/equipment/people/money to set something
like this up. If I manage to sell this idea to the right people, it
could become a major event. Paris is in need of something new
musically.....

Regarding money, I'm not promising anything at the moment. Please
consider that you might have to regard this loopfest as a holiday...
you might have to pay for your own travel/accommodation/food etc.....
but I know that many musicians like myself are poverty cases and could
not come if they were not reimbursed for their expenses. I have a zero
budget myself, and cannot put a penny into this idea, but I can put in
time. So I'm going to try my hardest to get everyone a professional
salary/rider for their time here.

Please also be aware that I am not going to promise that I can pull
this off. I'm an Englishman in Paris, and so far, Paris has always be
against me. I've not managed to really get my door in anywhere other
than the street.... so this is a big dream that might not work. But
I'll try :)

If anyone wants to propose themselves for the portfolio of loopers,
please send an email to loopfest@solostring.com with (if applicable):
* Biog (just write something about yourself, what you do, how you use
loops etc)
* Photo (Nothing too high-res)
* Website link
* link to mp3's  (please don't mail them) <--- I'm going to make a demo
CD. Please only provide a live set... in other words, how it will sound
live.

If you have no photo's/mp3's/website, then just write something.....
I'll make it look glitzy.

I'll get all of this into a pamphlet and mailbomb every bloody contact
that I have in my 'Official de la musique' bible..... :)

Cheers!

P.S. Can anyone translate English into French without making the
translation look like it was written by a 3 year old?

--
Stuart Wyatt (Solo String Project) - http://SoloString.com