Re: Balanced cables and my EDPs

At 11:22 PM 2/13/2003, Looping9string@aol.com wrote:
>Does the Gibson EDP function with balanced cables?

no, it is unbalanced in and out.

>Or would it make no difference either way?
>
>I have a lot of noise in my rig and its been suggested that I switch
>everything to balanced cable where applicable...

if the devices you use don't have balanced audio i/o, then balanced
cabling
for sure isn't going to make any difference.

It might not make much difference anyway. Figure out what it is in your
system that is the source of the noise and figure out how to make it stop.
Also, adjust gains properly, use correct grounding, properly shielded
cables, etc.

kim